Boudoir FAQ's & Session Tips
The following are some very common questions about Boudoir Sessions, as well as tips and ideas for planning your own session.
Why is Now the Perfect Time to Book
Often women are nervous about booking a boudoir session because we don't feel 100% confident with our bodies. It's natural for us to be overly critical of ourselves. We women live in a world where pressures to fit a certain mold of beauty weigh us down on a daily basis. Trust me – everyone has moments of insecurity at one time or another. The pressures of being perfect can start to affect our daily choices and prevent us from truly living life and appreciating our bodies. At the end of the day, it's important not to lose sight of loving and appreciating your individual beauty.
Boudoir Photography can be that tangible reminder when it comes to creating and maintaining a positive body image. Whether it's just for yourself, or possibly a gift for a significant other, it's always a wonderful idea to invest in yourself.
No more excuses....because every lady deserves to feel beautiful about herself, and you're no exception!
How much does it cost?
Packages start at $450, with the average client spending about $750. Most of my packages include Professional Hair & Makeup, which adds a polished and classy look to your images. I offer products such as prints, albums, canvas wraps, and additional digital files for purchase. I also offer payment plans for the budget minded clients, which can be arranged before your session. I also offer gift certificates if you'd like to give a session as gift.
How do I book a session?
You can send me an email to set up your initial consultation, at which time we will go over any questions you might have, as well as session details and preparation. A 50% deposit and signed session agreement is required to hold your session date and time.
How long until I see my images?
Editing and uploading of your images will take 5-7 days, and you will be provided with a link and password to your online gallery. At the viewing session, you can select your favorite images, as well as order any products and prints. Final product takes approximately 2 weeks to arrive once ordered.
Do you retouch the photos?
I do provide minor retouching of scars and acne. Additional retouching may be available for an additional fee.
Will you use my photographs?
Images will not be used publicly without your consent. The client can decide if they are okay with images included in a private online gallery, social media posts, or not at all.
How to Prepare for Your Session
- Select 3-5 different outfits or looks for your session. I usually recommend a black set, as well as a few colored outfits to start. Different styles of lingerie, such as corsets or pushup bras, can help emphasize your best features while minimizing areas you might be self-conscious about.
- Being well rested before your session, as well as well hydrated, is important. Exfoliation and moisturizing can also help even skin tones before your session.
- If possible, treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure a few days before your session.
- Eyelash extensions, or bringing along a set of fake lashes for the makeup artist to apply, can really make your eyes pop in photographs
- Bring 1-2 pairs of high heels, necklaces and earrings, or other props to help personalize your session. If this a Bridal Boudoir Session, bringing your veil and garter is also a great idea as well.
- The hair stylist requires that your hair be dry and free of excess product upon arrival for your session. Your face should also be freshly moisturized and free of makeup. Please bring your foundation, mascara, and fake lashes with you to the session.
- Be sure to arrive 5-10 minutes early for your session.
- Relax, enjoy a glass of wine, and have some fun!